пятница, 12 декабря 2008 г.

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. (Jer.33:3)

Have you ever roamed looking for an exit, but instead, stumbled into deadly closed doors?

This was my condition before I knew God. Quite early I started to ask myself: what I was living for and how to change my character? Parents, friends, psychological techniques and even the oriental teachings I tried did not help me. Having climbed to a certain “moral height”, I would roll downhill shortly after that in a gust of anger, discouragement and grief. I was suffering from anger attacks, hate towards myself and people around me. I became absorbed by in reading and hoped to find an answer to what could make me strong and correct.

And indeed, I came across some literature that described the all-powerful God who would accept everyone without any conditions. In these books I read an example of prayer for forgiveness of sins to become the person God wants me to be. I had an immediate feeling that this was an answer for me! With all my heart I asked God to forgive me and to change me as He wanted because I knew it was beyond my own ability.

It was like turning on a lamp inside me – and my life filled with light. I became attracted to fellowship with other people, especially those who are also sincere in their longing for God. But it was after quite a long time before I met such people. Finally during the second year in University I met a teacher, who could speak about his faith in God and based his thoughts on the words in the Bible as well as in scientific arguments.

Discussions with this man as well as active Bible reading helped me to draw the final line under my hopeless past. My thoughts became more organized; I became more self-controlled and discovered a new love for people. I realized that the essence of life consists in knowing God. Instead of judging people I am trying to understand them and to believe the best instead of having a negative attitude. I noticed that life is so wonderful when you live it trusting God. I can rejoice over each event that happens in my life and I am thankful for all that I have.

Being a student I was participating on conferences organized by CCC Moldova. Usually evangelism presented as a practical part of the conference: meeting new people in dormitories or parks. My first evangelism experience was positive and I thought that there is nothing more beautiful and important then giving people hope and that what I want to do in my life.

Therefore after graduation from the University I felt the call to join the ministry with New Life Moldova, where I have served for 9 years already. Most of this time, I was involved in the student ministry in different towns of Moldova. In 2003 I helped to start a new ministry with a team from the Ukraine and spent 3 years in Voronezh, Russia. Now I have been back in Moldova for 3 years and have joined the “Athletes in Action” ministry. It is a new target group but the main goal is still to bring the Gospel to these athletes.

In the King James version of Daniel 11:32 it is written that «The people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits» I invite you to join with me as we do exploits for God’s glory in Eastern Europe.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий